Need to access your Online Workwear Portal at a moment’s notice for Workwear? We have the solution for you, for your PC AND your smartphone.
What was that web address again? Save time by adding your Bespoke Portal as a desktop shortcut on your Windows or Mac PC, Android or iOS smartphone. To make things easy for you, we’ve created this simple guide.
Did you know… you can save by ordering on the Online Workwear Portal. Delivery is £8.95 for Portal orders under £100, saving you £1!
We all have different preferences for the devices we use. You will probably be aware that different computers and smartphones use different browsers. If you have a Mac or an iPhone, these are made by Apple and you will need to use the Safari web browser that comes installed on the devices. Windows and Android are more flexible, with a range of different free browsers available to access your Online Workwear Portal. We’ve catered for the most popular browsers to make sure that nobody is left out.
Desktop Shortcut options: Microsoft Windows PC
Browser: Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is the new browser that comes pre-installed on Windows, which replaces Internet Explorer. For security, we recommend replacing Internet Explorer and using Microsoft Edge.
- Go to https://oxfordsafetyonlineordering.uk/account/
- Click the three horizontal dots on the top right of the screen
- From here, click “Apps” and then “Install this site as an app”
- You can now rename the shortcut as you would like it to appear on your Desktop, then press “Install”
- You can also choose to add it to your Windows Start menu and pin it to your Taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
Browser: Google Chrome
Google Chrome is made (unsurprisingly) by Google and is the chosen web browser for many, due to its user-friendliness and easy linking across multiple devices to services such as Gmail, Google Drive and Google Maps.
• Continue to https://oxfordsafetyonlineordering.uk/account/
• Click the three vertical dots on the top right of the screen
• From here, click “More tools” and then”Create Shortcut”
• You can now rename the shortcut as you would like it to appear on your Desktop
• Now press “Create” and it will appear on your Desktop.
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla designed this browser to be fast, easy to use, customisable and private for its users. It also offers a cloud sync option, as with Google Chrome.
• Visit https://oxfordsafetyonlineordering.uk/account/
• Simply click and drag the small padlock icon on the address bar to your Desktop
• You can rename the icon after you have done this.
Desktop Shortcut options: Apple Mac OS
Safari is Apple’s default browser, which was created by them for both their computers and iPhones.
• Travel to https://oxfordsafetyonlineordering.uk/account/
• Select the entire web address in the top bar
• Drag it to your Desktop and release – you can now use your shortcut.
Smartphone Shortcut options: Android
Browser: Google Chrome
Chrome is the default browser for Android (as Android is owned by Google). However, you can get alternatives such as Firefox and Opera.
• Navigate to https://oxfordsafetyonlineordering.uk/account/
• Click the three horizontal dots on the bottom right of the screen
• From here, tap “Add to Homescreen”, at which point you can rename the shortcut and it will appear… on your homescreen!
Smartphone Shortcut options: iPhone
You do have to use Safari for this to work on iPhones.
• Make sure you’re on https://oxfordsafetyonlineordering.uk/account/
• Tap the icon in the middle at the bottom of the screen that looks like an arrow escaping from a box
• This opens a menu – tap “Add to Homescreen”, customise the name and press “Add”.
Our friendly team are available from 7am-5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) to answer any questions you may have.
Thanks for reading!